Microorganisms are microscopic organism, which may exist in their single-celled form or in a colony of cells.
- Microorganisms are used for various purposes. They are used in the preparation of curd, bread and cake.
- They have been used for the production of alcohol since ages.
- They are also used in cleaning up the environment. For example, the organic waste (vegetables peels, remains of animals, faeces etc.) are broken down in to harmless and usable substances by bacteria.
- Microbes are important in human culture and health in many ways, serving to ferment foods, treat sewage, produce fuel, enzymes and other bioactive compounds.
- They are essential tools in biology as model organisms and have been put to use in biological warfare and bioterrorism.
- They are a vital component of fertile soils. In the human body microorganisms make up the human microbiota including the essential gut flora.
- They are the pathogens responsible for many infectious diseases and as such are the target of hygiene measures.
- They can cause side-effects such as allergies, diarrhoea, rashes and nausea. Side-effects are quite common.
- Unknown, please consult your nutritionist.
Source: Indiastudychannel, http://www.indiastudychannel.com/resources/80375-Microorganisms-Some-are-Useful-and-Some-are-Harmful.aspx