Heptyl Glucoside (n-octyl-β-D-glucoside) is a nonionic surfactant frequently used to solubilise integral membrane proteins for studies in biochemistry.
- alcohol free and perfumes and perfume concentrates
- Toners and micellar waters
- Aqueous gels (skincare, hairstyling)
- Skincare and haircare products
Heptyl Glucoside has been proposed as a conditioning agent to prevent microbial colonization of contact lenses, due to its ability to lower the hydrophobicity of contact lenses and prevent adhesion of Staphylococcus epidermidis and Pseudomonas aeruginosa.
- liquid, easy to use
- cold processable
- does not form foam
- undetectable odor in formulation
Please consult your pharmacist.
None are recorded.
n-octyl-β-D-glucoside, Octyl glucoside