Cetostearyl alcohol, cetearyl alcohol or cetylstearyl alcohol is a mixture of fatty alcohols, consisting predominantly of cetyl and stearyl alcohols and is classified as a fatty alcohol.
- It is used as an emulsion stabilizer, opacifying agent, and foam boosting surfactant, as well as an aqueous and nonaqueous viscosity-increasing agent.
- It imparts an emollient feel to the skin and can be used in water-in-oil emulsions, oil-in-water emulsions, and anhydrous formulations.
- It is commonly used in hair conditioners and other hair products.
- Cetearyl Alcohol is generally classified as being of no to low hazard or toxicity (EWG).
- None are recorded. Please consult with your doctor.
cetearyl alcohol or cetylstearyl alcohol
Source: Wikipedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cetostearyl_alcohol