Agaricus mushroom is a fungus. It originated in Brazil, but is now grown in China, Japan, and Brazil for sale. The plant (extract) is used as medicine.
- Agaricus mushroom is used for cancer, type 2 diabetes, high cholesterol, “hardening of the arteries” (arteriosclerosis), ongoing liver disease, bloodstream disorders, and digestive problems. Other uses include prevention of heart disease, weakened bones (osteoporosis), and stomach ulcers. It is also used to boost the immune system and for physical and emotional stress.
- In Japan, extracts of the agaricus mushroom are approved as a food additive.
- It is also consumed as food and tea.
- Agaricus is a vital homeopathic medication for treating conditions, such as nervous disorders accompanied with mainly shuddering, going into spasms, trembling and having a burning sensation. In addition, this homeopathic medicines are also effective in treating chilblains (an inflammation of the hands and feet caused by exposure to cold and moisture).
- Many homeopathic practitioners also prescribe Agaricus for treating delirium tremens (a withdrawal syndrome that occurs in persons having developed physiological dependence on alcohol) as well as to cure the symptoms of senile dementia (a progressive, unusually accelerated worsening of mental faculties and emotional stability in old age).
- Agaricus is also beneficial for patients enduring marked dizziness, having an inclination to fall toward the back, abnormal increase in desire for food and also puffiness or bulge of the face having no heat. It has been also found that Agaricus is extremely beneficial for people who are sensitive to cold, especially when they are sick.
- Homeopathic medicine practitioners also prescribe Agaricus for treating limb movements that are uncontrollable or occur involuntarily and also trembling that are not only unpredictable in nature, but also erratic at the same time. Many people suffering from such conditions may often complain of a sensation that their limbs are separated from their body!
- In addition, Agaricus is known to be highly effective in treating conditions, such as degenerative neurological disorders, especially the types of problems that are usually accompanied with trembling or twitching and spasms all over the body. Such degenerative neurological disorders may at times result in dementia (an acute impairment of intellectual capacity and personality integration) or even multiple sclerosis (an unremitting degenerative and often intermittent ailment of the central nervous system) over a period of time. The symptoms appear to move down to the other parts of the body in just about a transverse outline and they are usually accompanied with excruciating or piercing pains all over the body. Using Agaricus have been found to not only provide relief from the above mentioned symptoms, but also cure the disorder too.
- Gradually, the disease makes the body extremely weak and the limbs being to shudder and tremble. Initially, the weakness and the other symptoms turn out to be a routine problem and even aggravate to violent stages over a period of time. People enduring such symptoms usually become very sensitive to being touched by anyone and they suffer from extreme mental conditions, such as too much of nervousness, apprehensions and depression. In homeopathy, Agaricus is usually considered to be an effective medication to treat Parkinson’s disease although the symptoms of this deadly ailment may differ from one patient to another.
- It is important to know that Agaricus is a homeopathic medication that possesses the aptitude to provide relief from the adverse aftereffects and symptoms of alcoholism which an individual consuming excessive of alcoholic beverages may be enduring. The symptoms of alcoholism in different people may also differ. While some may be in a state of delirium, others may have an increased desire for food. Most such individuals also have a puffy or swollen face that may always have a reddish appearance.
- Agaricus mushroom extract seems to be safe for most people when taken for up to 12 weeks. Powdered agaricus seems to be safe for most people when taken for up to 6 months. Agaricus products can cause blood sugar to go too low (hypoglycemia) in some people with diabetes. They can also cause itching, nausea, and diarrhea.
Medications used for diabetes (Antidiabetes drugs) interacts with Agaricus muscarius
Agaricus mushroom might decrease blood sugar in people with type 2 diabetes. Diabetes medications are also used to lower blood sugar. Taking agaricus mushroom along with diabetes medications might cause your blood sugar to go too low. Monitor your blood sugar closely. The dose of your diabetes medication might need to be changed.
Some medications used for diabetes include glimepiride (Amaryl), glyburide (DiaBeta, Glynase PresTab, Micronase), insulin, pioglitazone (Actos), rosiglitazone (Avandia), chlorpropamide (Diabinese), glipizide (Glucotrol), tolbutamide (Orinase), and others.
Agaric, Agaric Bispore, Agaricus, Agaricus Bisporus Mushroom, Agaricus blazei, Agarikusutake, Brazil Mushroom, Brazilian Mushroom, Brazilian Sun-Mushroom, Callampa Agaricus, Champignon Agaric, Champignon Brésilien, Champignon du Brésil, Cogumelo do Sol, Kawariharatake, Himematsutake, Mushroom, Sun Mushroom