Agaricus subrufescens (syn. Agaricus blazei, Agaricus brasiliensis or Agaricus rufotegulis) is a species of mushroom, commonly known as almond mushroom, mushroom of the sun, God’s mushroom, mushroom of life, royal sun agaricus, jisongrong or himematsutake (Chinese: 杏仁松茸, Japanese: 姫まつたけ, “princess matsutake”) and by a number of other names.
The fungus is also well known as a medicinal mushroom, for its purported medicinal properties, due to research which indicates it may stimulate the immune system.
- Circulatory system: leukemia, malignant lymphoma, lymphoma caused by Hodgkin disease, heart disease, myocardial infarction, arteriosclerosis, angina pectoris, thrombosis, vasoconstrictive disease, hypertension, hypotension, etc.
- Digestive system: colon, rectal, intestinal, pancreatic, spleen, liver cancer. Hepatocarcinoma, hepatitis A, B, C, hepatomegaly, gastric cancer, gastric ulcer, chronic gastritis, duodenal ulcer, viral enteritis, chronic stomatitis, pyorrhea, constipation, loss of appetite, hemorrhoids, etc.
- Any type of diabetes, hyperlipidemia.
- Endocrine glands: hypercholesterolemia, hypo/hyperthyroidism, etc.
- Osteoporosis: it stimulates bone production by ergosterol, thus considered an excellent remedy.
- Neurological disorders: Japanese encephalitis, hemiplegia, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS), dermatomyositis etc.
- Respiratory system: chronic bronchitis, asthma, lung cancer, pneumonia, etc.
- Female diseases: breast cancer, ovarian cancer, menstrual disorders, menopausal disorders, fibroids, polycystic ovaries etc.
- Urinary system: cystitis, prostatomegaly, nephrosis (prostate disorders), kidney cancer, renal failure etc.
- Red blood cell production: it stimulates the production of red blood cells due to its content of vitamin B12, folic acid, iron, copper, cobalt, tryptophan.
- Cancer – the active compound found in this mushroom have strong cytotoxic effects on cancer cells, therefore, it can suppress neoangiogenesis and start apoptosis of neoplastic cells.
- Skin: eczema, atopic dermatitis, dermatomyositis, skin cancer, athlete’s foot, etc.
- Others: chronic rhinitis, Basedow disease, arthritis, flu, fatigue, lumbago, frozen shoulder, ophthalmopathy, blood purification, loss of vitality, HIV infection, rheumatism of various etiologies, etc.
Please consult your pharmacist
This mushroom is contraindicated for use in patients suffering from autoimmune diseases, those who have undergone organ transplantation and those who have allergies.
Agaricus blazei, Agaricus brasiliensis or Agaricus rufotegulis
Source: YourHealthRemedy, http://www.yourhealthremedy.com/medicinal-plants/agaricus-blazei-murill-mushroom-benefits-agaricus-subrufescens/