Brown algae are edible algae found off the coast of Japan, Korea, and China.
- Brown algae are used for a variety of conditions including cancer, fibromyalgia,arthritis, stress, weight loss, heart disease, high cholesterol, and many other conditions.
- Brown algae contain several chemicals that work as antioxidants. These chemicals are thought to prevent damage to the body that can lead to cancer and other conditions. Chemicals contained in brown algae might also have effects on inflammation and the body’s immune system.
- Research has shown that brown alga reduces blood glucose levels, so it can be beneficial for people with diabetes. It can also promote digestive and cardiovascular health and help manage weight, since it is similar to dietary fiber by keeping your body feeling full. It even has anti-inflammatory properties to help reduce swelling and ease pain.
- There is not enough information available to know if brown algae are safe to take for medical conditions.
- None are well documented.
Algae, Algas Pardas, Algues Brunes, Algues Brunes Marines, Brown Alga, Brown Algae, Brown Seaweed, EC, ECE, Ecklonia cava, Ecklonia Extract, Eckol, LAD103, Marine Brown Algae, Phlorotannin