Algae Protein is a source of quality protein with the added benefits of insoluble fiber, healthy lipids and micronutrients such as lutein and zeaxanthin.
- Used as a dietary supplement as well as a whole food; and is also available in tablet, flake and powder form. It is also used as a feed supplement in the aquaculture, aquarium and poultry industries
- Whole food ingredient
- Free of known allergens
- Sustainable, naturally-derived
- Contains all essential amino acids
- Adds dietary fiber, healthy lipids¹ and micronutrients to food products
- Gluten-free, non-GMO and vegan
- Manufactured in the U.S.
- FDA GRAS No Questions Letter received
- High protein digestibility
- Zero to minimal impact on the texture or viscosity of a finished product
- Stable in a variety of temperatures and pH conditions
- Like all protein-rich foods, spirulina contains the essential amino acid phenylalanine (2.6-4.1 g/100 g), which should be avoided by people who have phenylketonuria, a rare genetic disorder that prevents the body from metabolizing phenylalanine, which then builds up in the brain, causing damage.Spirulina contaminated with microcystins has various potential toxicity, especially to children, including liver damage, shock and death
Unknown, please consult with your doctor.
Source: Algavia, http://algavia.com/ingredients/proteins/