Almond oil is acquired from the almond seed, which contains protein, vitamin E and B vitamins, as well as essential minerals, healthy fats and protein.
- Moisturizing: Almonds have a way of trapping moisture in the skin keeping it moisturized at all times. Better still, its high lubricating quality makes many users stick to using it as their daily skin care product.
- Anti-inflammation: Almond oil has also been proven to have a calming effect on people with skin allergies and inflammation. It has both the ability to soothe as well as treat skin allergies. Minor wounds, chapped skin, and other skin infections can also be treated using almond oil.
- Emollient Properties: Emollient properties refer to the ability of the almond oil to get absorbed into your skin. It is also used in many spas for its less fragrant and less greasy qualities. It is also useful in massages as it restores the normal PH of the skin and allows the skin to glow thus preserving moisture.
- Removing Dark Circles: Its lightening ability is another reason that has made this oil popular among many people with dark marks on their skin. All you need to do is mix some almond oil with some honey and apply on the affected area.
- Reducing Wrinkles: Almond oil contains vitamins that help it delay the appearance of wrinkles. It is best to apply almond at night after taking a shower. You could choose to do this twice a week or alternate days depending on how soon you wish to see the end results.
- Sun Protection: Harmful ultraviolet rays cause wrinkling, sunburns, aging, and skin cancer. Though sun -blocks and sunscreens are effective. Almond oil can help reverse the damages brought about by sun exposure.
- Beauty Treatments: adds luster and makes hair look and feel healthy. Due to many cosmetic benefits of the oil, it is used in a wide variety of beauty treatments.
- Long and Healthy Hair: Almond Oil is a rich source of magnesium which is used in a variety of hair products. Deficiency of magnesium can result in heavy hair fall. Apply almond oil once or twice a week to moisturize the scalp. This reduces hair falling out and improves hair quality.
- Getting rid of split ends: A mixture of almond, castor oil and olive oil in equal proportions massaged into the hair will get rid of split ends. Apply this once or twice a week to notice a change in just a few weeks.
- Substitute for Shine Enhancers and Leave-in Conditioners: Almond oil is light in texture and makes a great substitute for shine enhancers or leave-in conditioners for hair. For those with dry hair, almond oil on hair has high moisturizing properties due to the essential fatty acids it contains.
- Consuming almond oil is beneficial for digestive system.
- When used in aromatherapy it has calming and cleansing effects.
- It is used as an effective painkiller.
- Regular consumption of almond oil helps reduce cholesterol
- Nourishes the brain and nervous system
- Enhances Brain Activity
- Enhances endurance
- Coadministration of high-dose vitamin C and almonds may result in symptoms of cyanide toxicity