- Aluminum hydroxide is an antacid used to treat symptoms of increased stomach acid and to reduce phosphate levels in people with kidney conditions.
- Consult a physician prior to use if you have a kidney disease, kidney stones, severe constipation, if you are dehydrated or drink alcohol frequently.
- Do not take aluminum hydroxide for longer than 2 weeks without consent of a physician.
- Avoid taking other medications with aluminum hydroxide.
- Consult a physician prior to use if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.