Angustura vera: The Angostura plant is native to tropical South America, namely the Caroni region in Venezuela and the northern part of Brazil, it was used by the natives there to treat a number of health conditions.
Angustura vera is used for rheumatic and paralytic complaints like great difficulty in walking, crackling in all joints, caries of long bones, paralysis, tetanus and stiffness of muscles and joints. Principal action is on spinal motor nerves and mucous membranes.
- If you are one for following alternative medicine, you will definitely love Angostura. It has many health benefits, thanks to its antispasmodic properties. If you have a weak digestive system (IBS/Crohn’s disease) you may want to speak to your healthcare practitioner about taking Angostura. It can help in digestion and also cause you to have regular bowel movements.
- The Angostura bark is reported to have a positive effect on the spinal nerves. Hence, it is used to help people with certain paralytic conditions.
- If you are suffering from diarrhea and dysentery, you will feel weak, miserable and dehydrated. While you can try the BRAT diet, you may also want to take some Angostura. It is used in South America as a cure for diarrhea and dysentery.
- Angostura is also known to stimulate blood circulation but outward blood circulation.
- It also works as a diuretic by increasing urination and perspiration. So, maybe, it can facilitate weight loss and be of great help for women, who often complain of water retention.