Animal Fat are lipid materials derived from animals.
- Animal fats are commonly consumed as part of a western diet in their semi-solid form as either milk, butter, lard, schmaltz, and dripping or more commonly as filler in factory produced meat, pet food and fast-food products. Dairy products are animal secretions which contain varying levels of water, oils, fats and animal cells from circulatory and lymphatic systems such as blood and mammary glands.
- Some of the benefits might entail:
- The functionalities of animal fats are highly comparable to those of vegetable fats;
- Animal fats offer natural flavor advantages, for instance, tallow ads a distinct beef flavor ideal for beef-specific applications;
- Animal fats are ideal in products and applications containing other animal ingredients origin;
- Sonac’s edible animal fats offer a reliable means of providing the saturated fats necessary for producing biscuits, soups, and numerous other food products;
- Produced from locally collected by-products, our fats offer you a means of substantially reducing carbon dioxide emissions.
- Eating a diet high in animal fat leads to high saturated fat intake – the chief cause of high cholesterol.
- Not known.
Source: Wikipedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_fat