Argentum nitricum, or silver nitrate, has been used in traditional medicine in a diluted solution for antiseptic purposes.
- The particular therapeutic usage of this homeopathic remedy perfectly fit for the middle ages whenever it is used as an antiseptic along with corrosive to deal with injuries. Nowadays Argentum Nitricum continues to be used in wart treatments.
- Argentum nitricum, as a homeopathic remedy, is employed for treating various types of apprehensions and nervousness that are set off by overexcited thoughts. This remedy is most appropriate for conditions like claustrophobia, stage fright and anxiety regardless of unforeseen circumstances. In most instances, such phobias and fears occur together with a superstition that something dreadful would happen soon, for instance, being squeezed by a lofty building.
- People looking for help from Argentum nit., as a homeopathic remedy, have a propensity to experience feeble and trembling limbs. Occasionally, such individuals are also likely to stumble around in darkness. Sweating and palpitations brought on by anxiety are also dealt excellently when the patient turns to Argentum nit.
- The homeopathic remedy Argentum nitricum is also prescribed for curing digestive disorders like gas, diarrhea, vomiting as well as throbbing headaches that begin gradually and are a result of consuming excessive amounts of sweet foods or owing to tense exhilaration.
- As a homeopathic remedy Argentum nitricum is especially beneficial for women. It is given to them for a bearing down feeling within the uterus owing to menstruation or prolapse. Argentum nit. is also effective for curing mucous membrane inflammation, particularly in the eyes, and is also employed to cure conjunctivitis.
- This homeopathic remedy is effective for irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), a widespread problem of the bowels that frequently turns up in the form of an undulation between diarrhea and constipation. Often there is a general feeling of a stomach upset and, in this instance, the stools are likely to be loose as well as covered with mucus.
- Besides, irritable bowel syndrome, individuals suffering from other digestive problems may also turn to the homeopathic remedy Argentum nitricum for help. Such digestive disorders may include general belching, diarrhea and foul smelling or watery bowels.
- Potentially lethal when ingested in high concentration, diluted silver nitrate has demonstrated no effectiveness against anxiety in controlled studies.
- If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
- Please consult your pharmacist and keep track of other medications you have been taking.
Source: LiveStrong, http://www.livestrong.com/article/130153-argentum-nitricum-anxiety/