Artemisia Pallens is an aromatic herb, the leaves and flowers of which yield an essential oil known as oil of Davana.
- Davana oil is used in making perfumes of sweet and fruity fragrances.
- When applied on the skin, Davana is said to smell differently on different persons. This peculiar property is highly valued in high class perfumery to create fragrances with truly individual notes.
- Davana leaves and stalks are used in making bouquets, garlands, fresh or dry flower arrangements.
- Antiviral: This oil builds up effective protection against viral attacks. It ruptures the protective covering of viruses, called the cyst, and thereby kills the virus. It cures viral infections such as cough & cold, influenza, and measles, among others.
- Antiseptic: Davana essential oil fights infections that cause septic of internal and external wounds, urinary tracts, urethra, kidneys, and other body parts. It also provides protection against conditions like tetanus. This should be applied without delay in mild concentrations in cases of cuts and wounds, particularly from iron objects or dirty abrasives.
- Disinfectant: This powerful essential oil fights infections from bacteria, microbes, fungi, and viruses and helps cure infectious diseases. If used in fumigants, sprays, or vapourizers, it disinfects the whole area and makes it free from microbes. Perhaps this is one of the reasons why Davana flowers are used during religious worship.
- Emenagogue: It also opens up blocked menstruation and makes periods regular. It is good for curing menstrual spasm. It also eases pain associated with menses and gives relief from other symptoms such as fatigue, nausea, pelvic pain, and cramps.
- Expectorant: The Essential Oil of Davana loosens up tough coughs and phlegm depositions in the respiratory tracts and makes breathing easier. It relieves congestion and reduces coughs, while also treating other problems such as headache and pain in the joints that are often associated with having a cold.
- Relaxant: The Essential Oil of Davana relaxes contractions in muscles and blood vessels, while also having a relaxing effect on the brain and the nervous system, thus fighting anxiety, stress, depression, and anger. This helps you get a good sleep as well.
- Please consult your pharmacist/herbalist.
Source: Wikipedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artemisia_pallens