Bacillus subtilis is a kind of bacteria that is used to produce a variety of enzymes for industrial applications including paper, detergents, and leather manufacture
- It is also used in the production of antibiotics and fungicides.
- helpful in textile de-sizing
- helpful in starch modification for paper sizing
- helpful in treating bacterial infections of the skin
- helpful in preventing infection in minor burns and cuts
- Bacillus subtilis is said to have potential hepatoxicity. Consult a physician before using supplements containing Bacillus subtilis.