Behentrimonium methosulfate is derived from rapeseed oil.
- Used in conditioners, shampoos, and lotions to impart a slippery feel to the product.
- A very mild yet effective ingredient known for its de-tangling and hair thickening properties. Because this ingredient directly deposits onto the hair follicle to smooth out the cuticles, it’s highly regarded for its conditioning abilities.
- It can be found in many hair products like conditioner, detangler, shampoo and styling gel.
- It also acts as an emulsifying agent, gentle enough to be used in baby products that are left on the skin.
- When used in lotions and creams, it gives a soft and powdery after-touch to the skin.
- The EWG Cosmetic Database tates behentrimonium methosulfate as a low hazard ingredient
Unknown, please consult with your doctor.
BTMS, Behenyl Trimethyl Ammonium Methosulfate and Docosyltrimethylammonium Methyl Sulphate
Source: TruthinAging, https://www.truthinaging.com/ingredients/behentrimonium-methosulfate