Bifidobacterium animalis is a probiotic bacteria.
- Used as a dietary supplement.
Bifidobacterium animalis is said to be beneficial in the following ways:
- Digestion health
- prevents body from providing nutrients to harmful bacteria that try to invade large intestines
- prevents harmful bacteria that prefer a basic environment by releasing acids that increase acidity
- Cancer prevention
- reduce the existence and growth of harmful bacteria that turn nitrates into nitrites, a cancer-causing agent
- produce B-complex vitamins
- dietary management of some liver conditions