Bifidobacterium Thermophilum is a strain of bacteria commonly used as a probiotic.
- It is one of many bacterial strains that occur naturally in the gut flora, living in the colon. Its inclusion in a dietary regimen provides the host with a variety of benefits.
- Aids in the synthesis of B-complex vitamins and vitamin K in the intestines. This synthesis protects the body from deficiencies of these vitally important nutrients.
- Helps improve digestion and enhance the immune phagocytic activity of the human body.
- According to “Probiotics Restore Bowel Flora and Improve Liver Enzymes in Human Alcohol-Induced Liver Injury: A Pilot Study,” liver disease caused by excessive alcohol consumption is a major cause of morbidity and mortality in the United States.
- Probiotics such as B. Thermophilum are especially effective in the treatment of diarrhea, including infectious diarrhea and diarrhea associated with antibiotic use.
Bifidobacteria are LIKELY SAFE for adults and children when taken by mouth appropriately. In some people, treatment with bifidobacteria might upset the stomach and intestine, causing diarrhea, bloating and gas.
- Not known.
Source: LiveStrong, https://www.livestrong.com/article/315573-what-are-the-benefits-of-bifidobacterium-bifidum/