Botanical oil is an oil obtained from plants that are fatty, dense and non-volatile.
- These oils are extracted from the root, stem/bark, leaves, flowers, seeds or fruits of a particular plant, tree or shrub, usually cold pressed or extracted by heat. Most contain nutritious proteins, minerals and vitamins. Botanical oils are:
- Lightweight with superior penetrating qualities
- Non-toxic and/or non-irritant, thus suitable for sensitive skin
- Highly resistant to oxidation
- Either way, beauty oils the civilized way to moisturize.
- Using botanical oils as part of your daily skincare routine can help to feed, nourish and re-hydrate the skin. Many plants, flowers and seeds produce beneficial oils which contain a variety of bioactive molecules with incredible skin healing and nourishing properties.
- The fine molecular structure of these plant oils, allows them to be readily absorbed helping to protect, repair and nourish the skin. This is the main difference between botanical oils and synthetically produced oils and oils derived from petroleum, which have a very course molecular structure and cannot be absorbed deep into the skin layers.
- No side effects are known.
- Not known.
Source: Beautyhuile, http://beautyhuile.blogspot.com/2011/03/essential-vs-botanical-oils.html