- Properties: Candelilla wax is a complex substance of vegetal origin. It is hard, brittle and easily pulverized. Prior to refining it has an opaque appearance. Once refined, its color can range from light brown to yellow depending on the degree of refining and bleaching. Its surface can reach high levels of brilliance once refined; this is one of the most valued properties of Candelilla wax for a variety of specialty applications. It easily dissolves basic dyes. It is insoluble in water but highly soluble in acetone, chloroform, benzene and other organic solvents.
- Candelilla wax can be used as a vegan alternative to beeswax and can be used in the following applications: Lipsticks, lip glosses, lip balms, solid lotion bars, candies and gums, body butters, emulsions, leather dressings, polishes, varnishes, and sealing waxes.
- A natural thickener and moisturizer, Candelilla wax is also a natural emulsifier which creates smoother texture and provides easier application in beauty products.
- In addition, it is known to topically aid inflammation including acne, skin disorders and other skin allergic reactions.
- Candelilla Wax is generally considered to be safe
Source: Candelilla Institute, www.candelilla.org/?page_id=534