“Cantaloupe is normally eaten as a fresh fruit, as a salad, or as a dessert with ice cream or custard. Melon pieces wrapped in prosciutto are a familiar antipasto.”
- Cantaloupe is typically consumed as a snack or addition to a meal.
Cantaloupe is said to have to following beneficial properties:
- nutritious (Vitamin C & beta-carotene)
- heart health support
- fiber, potassium, vitamin C, & choline
- digestive health support
- water &electrolytes
- skin & hair health
- vitamin A & C
- Cantaloupe should be consumed in moderation when taking beta-blocker medication.
- Be sure to wash the outside surface of cantaloupe prior to cutting to decrease the risk of harmful bacteria transferring to the flesh of the melon.
- Consuming too much potassium may be harmful to individuals who’s kidneys aren’t fully functional.