At only 3.7 g per serving, freeze-dried cauliflower powder is a convenient solution to help add the daily recommended vegetable intake into one’s diet. Manufacturers can blend freeze-dried cauliflower powder into cheese or spaghetti sauces, hummus, ranch dips, salad dressings, pasta noodles, potato dishes, soups and stews. They can also use it in scrambled eggs and omelets, meat loaf and burgers, sloppy joes and barbecue chicken.
1. It’s high in anti-oxidants! – Cauliflower contains a ton of vitamin C and manganese, as well as carotenoids. This floret packs a punch in fighting free-radicals.
2. Cauliflower has anti-inflammatory properties – Due to its high vitamin K content, cauliflower helps to reduce inflammation. It also has omega-3 fatty acids, the same healthy fats found in salmon and flax seeds, but with the added bonus of practically no calories.
3. Fiber! – The average daily recommendation for fiber exceeds 25 grams. Eat some cauliflower and you’ll be contributing over 3 grams to your daily total, helping cleanse your digestive tract.
4. Increased blood flow – Decrease chronic ailments such as atherosclerosis, a leading cause of heart attack and stroke. Cauliflower can help keep your blood flowing to essential organs of the body!
5. Vitamin packed – Cauliflower boasts a cornucopia of B vitamins: 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, and 9 to be exact. That includes folic acid, so if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant, be sure to add this vegetable to your weekly consumption.
No side effects.
No interactions are known.