- Cetylated fatty acids are a group of naturally occurring fats. They include cetyl myristoleate, cetyl myristate, cetyl palmitoleate, cetyl laureate, cetyl palmitate, and cetyl oleate. Cetyl myristoleate receives the most attention. Many products that contain cetyl myristoleate also contain a mixture of these other cetylated fatty acids.
- There is an interest in cetyl myristoleate for osteoarthritis because it is a substance found in certain mice that do not develop arthritis, even when researchers try to causearthritis in the laboratory. Cetylated fatty acids are also used for other types of arthritisincluding rheumatoid arthritis (RA), osteoarthritis (OA), Reiter’s syndrome, andankylosing spondylitis.
- Cetylated fatty acids are also used for diseases in which the body attacks itself (autoimmune diseases) including Sjogren’s syndrome, systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), and multiple sclerosis (MS).
- Some people use cetylated fatty acids for psoriasis, fibromyalgia, emphysema, benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), silicone breast disease, various types of back pain,leukemia and other cancers, and a disease that involves inflammation of the bloodvessels called Behcet’s syndrome.
- Cetylated fatty acids are applied to the skin for osteoarthritis.
- Cetylated fatty acids might help lubricate joints and muscles, soften tissues, and increase flexibility. It also might help the immune system and reduce inflammation (swelling).
Acides Gras Cetylated, Acides Gras Cétylés, Acides Gras Estérisés, Acides Gras Mono-Insaturés Cétylés, Ácidos Grasos Cetilados, Cerasomal-cis-9-cetylmyristoleate, Cetyl Laureate, Cetyl Myristate, Cetyl Myristoleate, Cetyl Oleate, Cetyl Palmitate, Cetyl Palmitoleate, Cetylated Monounsaturated Fatty Acids, Cetylmyristoleate, CFA, Cis-9-cetylmyristoleate, CM, CMO, Esterified Fatty Acid Carbons, Esterified Fatty Acids, Lauréate Cétyl, Myristate Cétyl, Myristoléate Cétyl, Oléate Cétyl, Palmitate Cétyl, Palmitoléate Cétyl.
Source: WebMD, “Cetylated fatty acids”, http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/