Cinnamomum cassia leaf oil is derived by steam distillation of its leaves and twigs.
Used for medicinal purposes.
- Cures Diarrhea: The essential oil of Cassia has varied benefits on the digestive system and being an anti-diarrhea agent is one of them. It can be used to bind the bowels and stop diarrhea episodes. Being an antimicrobial agent, it also cures diarrhea caused by microbial action. It inhibits the microbial growth and stops diarrhea from occurring thanks to its content of fiber, which binds loose stool into healthy bowel movements.
- Antidepressant: The effect of this essential oil fights depression, uplifts mood and induces warm feelings in the body and mind.
- Anti-emetic: This oil can be used to treat nausea and to stop vomiting. It induces a refreshing feeling and drives away those feelings which bring on nausea and vomiting.
- Anti-galactogogue: This oil can reduce the secretion of milk and is therefore not recommended for lactating mothers.
- Anti-Rheumatic and Anti-Arthritic: Being a circulatory and a stimulant substance, Cassia essential oil improves the circulation of the blood and brings warmth to the joints and other parts of the body affected by rheumatism and arthritis, thus giving relief from these uncomfortable conditions.
- Antimicrobial: The essential oil of Cassia inhibits microbial growth and protects from microbial infections. This property is useful for treating microbial infections in the urethra, colon, kidneys, urinary tracts and other parts of the body.
- Astringent: This property of the essential oil of Cassia does a lot of good. It strengthens gums and hair roots, tightens muscles and lifts the skin. It also helps stop hemorrhaging by contracting blood vessels.
- Circulatory: Cassia essential oil improves the circulation of blood and thereby facilitates proper distribution of nutrients and oxygen to all the body parts. This property is also beneficial in fighting rheumatism and arthritis.
- Antiviral: This oil is also effective in countering viral infections and gives sound protection from cough & cold, influenza and other viral diseases.
- Emenagogue: The Essential Oil of Cassia relaxes menstrual cramps and opens obstructed menstruation paths. This also gives relief from symptoms such as headaches, nausea, and drowsiness that are commonly associated with menses.
- Febrifuge: Being an antimicrobial and antiviral agent, Cassia essential oil fights the infections causing fever and thus helps lower body temperature. The circulatory property of this oil also helps boost the immune system of the body. The warming effect of this oil gives relief from the fever as well.
- Stimulant: It stimulates bodily functions, the metabolism, secretions, discharges, circulation and also the nervous system and the brain, thereby helping to be more active and alert.
- Carminative: Cassia essential oil gives relief from gases forming in the intestines and drives them out of the body. It also stops any further formation of gases.
- It produces irritation and sensitization on the skin and in the mucus membrane, so it should be avoided during pregnancy.
Laurus Cassia and Cinnamomum Aromaticum
Image source: https://www.pelledolce.com/cinnamomum-cassia-leaf-oil/