Cinnulin PF is a dietary supplement that contains an extract of the cinnamon variety known as Cinnamomum burmannii or Cinnamomum cassia.
- Used as a food supplement.
- According to a review published in the “Journal of Diabetes Science and Technology” in 2010, whole cinnamon has compounds that may help prevent or treat Type 2 diabetes, heart disease, cancer, stroke and Alzheimer’s disease.
- In 2006, a study published in the “Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition” reported that men and women who have metabolic syndrome — a term used to describe people who have a high risk of conditions like heart disease, diabetes and stroke — are less likely to develop chronic medical problems if they are supplementing with Cinnulin PF.
- Another 2006 study from the “European Journal of Clinical Investigation” found that cinnamon extracts similar to Cinnulin PF could help lower the blood glucose levels of people with Type 2 diabetes.
- Whole cinnamon contains potentially toxic substances. Cinnulin PF manufacturers claim their product lacks these toxins. Do not use Cinnulin PF until you’ve spoken to your doctor.
Source: LiveStrong, http://www.livestrong.com/article/422194-cinnamon-chromium-for-diabetes/
Image source: Wikipedia, Creative Commons