Tangerine essential oil (Citrus reticulata) is cold-pressed from the rind of the fruit. Its aroma is very citrusy (duh) and sweet.
- Tangerine has high levels of d-limonene and overall benefits the immune system, skin, and emotions in its various uses, as well as a digestive aid.
- Excellent source of antioxidants
- Soothing and relaxing
- Cleansing and purifying
- Supports a healthy immune system
- Tangerine essential oil improves circulation of blood and phlegm, boosts digestion, helps maintain oil and moisture balance in the skin and shows cicatrisant and emollient properties as well. It also eases constipation and treats diarrhea, flatulence, rashes, dryness and cracking of skin, hair problems, and dandruff.
- This oil may show some extent of phototoxicity in certain skin types, but in general, it is non-toxic, non-irritating, and non-sensitizing.
Source: Sustainable Baby Steps, http://www.sustainablebabysteps.com/tangerine-essential-oil.html
Image source: http://bestcheapessentialoils.com