Cnidium is a plant that is native to China. It has also been found in the US in Oregon. The fruit, seed, and other plant parts are used as medicine.
- People take cnidium by mouth for increasing sexual performance and sex drive, and for treating erectile dysfunction (ED). Cnidium is also used for difficulty having children (infertility), bodybuilding, cancer, weak bones (osteoporosis), and fungal and bacterial infections. Some people also take it to increase energy.
- Cnidium has been used in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) for thousands of years, often for skin conditions. Cnidium is a common ingredient in Chinese lotions, creams, and ointments.
- Cnidium is applied directly to the skin for itchiness, rashes, eczema, and ringworm.
Possibly beneficial for the following:
- Increasing sexual performance and sex drive.
- Erectile dysfunction (ED).
- Difficulty having children (infertility).
- Weakened bones (osteoporosis).
- Increasing energy.
- Skin conditions including itchy skin, rashes, eczema, and ringworm, when applied to the skin.
There are no common side effects or interactions.
Source: WebMD, “Cnidium”, web article, www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/