Cocoa Butter is a pale yellow, edible vegetable fat extracted from the cocoa bean. It is used to make chocolate, ointments, toiletries, and pharmaceuticals. Cocoa butter has a cocoa flavor and aroma.
- There are many great benefits of cocoa butter you might not know about. It can help moisturize your skin and manage your hair.
- It’s an excellent source of antioxidants. Nowadays there’s a great variety of cocoa butter products, including oil, cream and lotions, and you can use it almost anywhere.
- Great antioxidant source: Cocoa butter is a great source of antioxidants, which help combat free radicals and help save your skin from the inevitable signs of aging and environmental stressors. You can use lotion, cream, or oil form, or even eat raw cocoa butter. Everything depends on your choice and preferences. Just be aware, cocoa butter is high in calories.
- Makes your lips soft and plump:If you are fond of kisses and you want to smooth chapped or rough lips, you should take care of them, using cocoa butter products to have really perfect pout. Sometimes windy or sunny weather can play a bad trick with our lips, making them dried-up. Use a high quality cocoa butter on a daily basis and your lips will always be super soft and kissable.
- Restorative quality: Are you still confused how to bring your skin back to life? As we know, our body cannot function well without dopamine, tryptophan, zinc, omegas 6 and 9. The tempo of life is very high that’s why our days are full of stresses, which have a negative impact on our skin. Cocoa butter is the most suitable set of health-giving elements. Avoid junk food, sleep enough and use cocoa butter regularly and you’ll notice an improvement in no time.
- Soothes sensitive skin: Cocoa butter is the best salvation for people who have sensitive skin. Cocoa butter moisturizers are good at protecting skin from heat, healing such diseases as eczema and other problems. A cocoa butter cream will definitely help you keep your skin soft and supple.
- Pleasant shaves: Use cocoa butter while shaving and you will make the process smoother. It is possible to mix bar form of cocoa butter with shave lotions that’s absolutely up to your preference. Cocoa butter provides smooth and less irritating shave, leaving your skin incredibly smooth.
- Say bye-bye to scars: Cocoa butter has very effective healing properties. Its antioxidants battle scars, scratches and stretch marks. Just use it regularly and you will see how it accelerates the process of regeneration. If you have a scar from former acne issues, a cut, or similar discolored areas, don’t panic. Just use cocoa butter regularly and you will notice them looking much lighter or even disappearing.
- Helpful for your hair: Do you want to make your hair more manageable? Or, maybe you want to strengthen your damaged hair? Or, just add moisture to your dry hair? Cocoa butter can really help you. If you have a healthy hair, you can still use cocoa butter to add some volume. I recommend you to use cocoa butter oil, though there are many products infused with this wonderful butter.
- Cocoa butter is a major ingredient almost all types of chocolates (white chocolate, milk chocolate, and dark chocolate).
- Pharmaceutical companies heavily use cocoa butter’s physical properties. As a nontoxic solid at room temperature that melts at body temperature, it is considered an ideal base for medicinal suppositories.
- Cocoa Butter is one of the most stable fats known, a quality that prevents rancidity, giving it a storage life of 2-5 years. The velvety texture, pleasant fragrance and emollient properties of cocoa butter have made it a popular ingredient in products for the skin, such as soaps and lotions.
Source: “7 Wonderful Benefits of Cocoa Butter”, web article, www.womanitely.com/wonderful-benefits-cocoa-butter/