Cordyceps(Cordyceps sinensis) is a fungus that lives on certain caterpillars in the high mountain regions of China. Supplement makers are able to get enough of the product to sell because cordyceps will reproduce in the laboratory.
- Treat coughs
- Chronic bronchitis
- Respiratory disorders
- Kidney disorders
- Nighttime urination
- Male sexual problems
- Irregular heartbeat
- High cholesterol
- Liver disorders
- Ringing in the ears
- Unwanted weight loss
- Strengthening the immune system
- Improving athletic performance
- Reducing the effects of aging
- Promoting longer life
- Improving liver function in people with hepatitis B.
- As a stimulant
- “adaptogen,” which is used to increase energy, enhance stamina, and reduce fatigue.
Cordyceps might improve immunity by stimulating cells and specific chemicals in the immune system. It may also have activity against cancer cells and may shrink tumor size, particularly with lung or skin cancers.
Source: WebMD, “Cordyceps”, www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/