- Used to increase the fiber in snacks, cereals, baked goods, nutritional bars, beverages, supplements and other fiber-fortified foods is Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS).
- Corn bran provides dramatic boost in dietary fiber with low to minimal inclusion rates.
- Corn bran has a minimal effect on flavor, texture or processing characteristics.
- Fiber also supports healthy digestive functions. It facilitates regular bowel activity. If you suffer from constipation, corn bran cereal can help you eliminate this condition.
- Proteins also provide structural support for the body and boost immunity. When you eat corn bran cereal for breakfast, it goes a long way in meeting the daily requirements for protein.
- Corn bran cereal is a good source of the B-complex vitamins. One cup provides 10 percent of vitamins B2 and B3. It also provides 6 percent of vitamin B6.
- It is a good source of zinc which works as an antioxidant and prevents many infections. Zinc protects cells from the harmful effects of free radicals. Research has established that zinc helps to reduce the risk of prostrate cancer.
- Corn bran provides 10 percent of the recommended daily value for magnesium. This mineral plays a vital role in metabolism and facilitates conversion of blood sugar into energy. It also works with calcium to enhance bone health.
Please consult your nutritionist for further information.
Currently there is not enough information available
Source: Grain Processing Corporation, http://www.grainprocessing.com/food/fibers.html