Cracked Corn is an easily, affordable birdseed perfect for many birds.
- Maize can be used in the diets for pigs, poultry, cattle, horses and sheep.
- Maize should be coarsely ground before feeding. This should be done just before mixing to prevent the ground maize meal becoming rancid in storage.
- The feeding of maize to pigs to bacon weight (in finisher diets) should be limited to 30 percent of the grain component. This is because the fat in maize is highly unsaturated and may produce a soft fat in the pig carcass. The colour pigment in maize can also affect the colour of the fat in the carcass.
- A buffer should be added to sheep and cattle diets to help reduce acidosis
- Cracking cornfor use in a mixed ration may facilitate better mixing.
- No side effects are known.
- Not known.
Source: Riverina, http://www.riverina.com.au/products/cracked-corn-maize/