Maris Sal (Dead Sea Salt)
The Dead Sea’s mineral composition differs from that of ocean water, varying with season, rainfall, depth, and temperature. In particular, the salt in most oceans is approximately 85% sodium chloride while Dead Sea salt is only 12-18% sodium chloride. Refined table salt is approximately 97% sodium chloride. An analysis of major ion concentrations in the water of the Dead Sea gave the following results.
Major ions of Dead Sea water:
Ion Concentration (mg/L)
- Chloride and Bromide 230,400
- Magnesium 45,900
- Sodium 36,600
- Calcium 17,600
- Potassium 7,800
- Dead Sea salts are used for therapeutic and beauty purposes.
The Dead Sea is a popular center for wellness and health today.Dead Sea salts have been reported to have the following benefits:
- Rheumatologic Conditions: Dead Sea salts can be effective in balneotherapy of rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, and osteoarthritis. The minerals are absorbed while soaking, stimulating blood circulation.
- Common skin ailments: Research has demonstrated that skin disorders such as acne and psoriasis are relieved by regular soaking in water with added Dead Sea salt. The National Psoriasis Foundation recommends Dead Sea and Dead Sea salts as effective treatments for psoriasis.One study concluded that the high concentration of magnesium in Dead Sea salt was instrumental in improving skin hydration and reducing inflammation.
- Allergies: The high concentration of bromide and magnesium in the Dead Sea salt can relieve allergic reactions by cleansing and detoxifying.
- Skin ageing: Further research into Dead Sea salt benefits has shown a 40% reduction in the depth of wrinkling
- Dead Sea salts are not for consumption.
The Delúvia Body Pampering Kit includes Soothing Dead Sea Mineral Salts to start, then Spreadable Body Scrub to make your skin feel silky smooth, and then finishing by hydrating your skin with our yummy Shea Body Butter enriched with Dead Sea minerals. Visit the website at http://deluviausa.com/product-category/deluvia-skin-care/dead-sea-skin-care/
Click to View what Alicia W., Co-Founder of Delúvia Inc. has to say about how the company started and how its products could help others.