Palmaria palmata, also called dulse, dillisk or dilsk (from Irish/Scottish Gaelic duileasc/duileasg), red dulse, sea lettuce flakes, or creathnach, is a red alga (Rhodophyta) previously referred to as Rhodymenia palmata. It grows on the northern coasts of the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans
Dulse powder is primarily used in cooking. Finely diced, it can be used as a flavour enhancer in meat dishes, such as chili, in place of monosodium glutamate.
1) High in Vitamins and Minerals – Specifically Vitamins B6, B12, A, Iron, Potassium, Phosphorus, and Manganese
2) Helps heal poor digestive systems
3) Rebuilds and Maintains All Glands in the Body
4) Cleanses the Body of Heavy Metals
5) Increases Metabolism and aids in weight loss
6) Also High in Calcium, Fiber, and Protein
7) Supports healthy Brain function
8) Very High in Iodine for healthy Thyroid Function
9) Great for adding flavor to cooking
10) Heals and enhances the Liver
It is considered to be a generally safe ingredient. Avoid consuming during pregnancy and breast-feeding.
None are recorded.
Palmaria palmata, dillisk or dilsk (from Irish/Scottish Gaelic duileasc/duileasg), red dulse, sea lettuce flakes, or creathnach