Ferrous Sulfate provides the iron needed by the body to produce red blood cells.
- This medication is an iron supplement used to treat or prevent low blood levels of iron (e.g., for anemia or during pregnancy). Iron is an important mineral that the body needs to produce red blood cells and keep you in good health.
- Effective in fighting fatigue, weakness, dizziness, difficulty concentrating.
- If there is no enough supply of Ferrous Sulfate, this could lead to anemia.
- Common causes of anemia include:
- menstruation, particularly if flow is heavy or prolonged
- peptic ulcer disease
- cancer in the digestive tract
- blood loss from trauma or blood donation
- gastrointestinal bleeding from prolonged use of medications like aspirin and ibuprofen
- Unknown, please consult your nutritionist.
Source: Healthline, https://www.healthline.com/health/10-reasons-iron-supplements