Fish Concentrate can be prepared from any type of fish or fishery waste. It is prepared from fish by extracting out the oil, screening or settling out the bones and drying, so that the resultant product (Fish Protein Concentrate) is higher in protein *85% to 95 %) and lower in ash content than fish meal.
- Used as a protein-rich food additive
- Fish protein concentrate type A is an odourless, tasteless powder which is unattractive to eat by itself; there is therefore a real problem in finding ways to make most use of it.
- It has to be incorporated in other foods such as bread, biscuits, soups and stews at a level that does not affect their normal properties. Good results have been obtained with macaroni products, a milk shake drink, spaghetti sauce, infant foods, dietetic foods and breakfast cereals.
- Highly nutritious, concentrated, stable protein concentrate
- Please consult your doctor.
Fish protein concentrate, FPC, fish hydrolysate, fish hydrolyzate
Source: Feedipeida, http://www.feedipedia.org/node/206