- Hydrogenated oils are produced by adding hydrogen gas under high pressure to liquid oils so they will be semisolid at room temperature
- Vegetable Oil is an expressed oil of vegetable origin consisting primarily of triglycerides of fatty acids. The addition of hydrogen atoms to Vegetable Oil results in Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil.
- Helps the consistency of pencils
- In cosmetics and personal care products, Vegetable Oil and Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil are used in the formulation of bath products, cleansing products, eye makeup, fragrances, foot powders, facial makeup, personal cleanliness products, suntan products, and other skin products.
- Vegetable Oil and Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil slow the loss of water from the skin by forming a barrier on the skin’s surface. Vegetable Oil may also be used as a hair conditioning agent, and Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil may also be used to increase the thickness of the lipid (oil) portion of cosmetics and personal care products.