Hypochlorous Acid: Sodium hypochlorite (NaClO) and calcium hypochlorite (Ca(ClO)2), are bleaches, deodorants, and disinfectants.
- Used in cosmetics and cuisine.
- In the cosmetics industry it is used as a skin cleansing agent, which benefits the body’s skin rather than causing drying. It is also used in baby products, because baby skin is particularly sensitive and can be easily irritated.
- In water treatment, hypochlorous acid is the active sanitizer in hypochlorite-based products (e.g. used in swimming pools).
- In food service and water distribution, specialized equipment to generate weak solutions of HClO from water and salt is sometimes used to generate adequate quantities of safe (unstable) disinfectant to treat food preparation surfaces and water supplies
- No side effects are known.
- hypochlorous acid, chloric(I) acid, chloranol, hydroxidochlorine, Hydrogen hypochlorite, Chlorine hydroxide
Source: Wikipedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypochlorous_acid