Menadione Sodium Bisulfite is a water-soluble form of menadione, which belongs to the Vitamin K class of compounds.
- Menadione is called vitamin K3, which is a synthetic version of vitamin K that is widely used in pet foods, presumably to replace naturally-occurring vitamin K.
- These are necessary for the biosynthesis of prothrombin and other blood clotting factors. Menadione is a prothrombogenic compound and is used as a model quinone in cell culture and in vivo investigations.
- It also drives minerals to certain organs of the body like the teeth and bones, to help them heal and to support connective tissue.
- No side effects are known.
- No information is available.