MSM is a chemical found in plants, animals, and humans. It can also be made in a laboratory.
- People use it as a medicine. MSM is commonly used for osteoarthritis, but may also benefit in alleviating GI upset, musculoskeletal pain, and allergies; boosting the immune system; and fighting antimicrobial infection. Clinical trials are needed to verify these potential uses.
- MSM is used for chronic pain, osteoarthritis, joint inflammation, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, bursitis, tendonitis, tenosynovitis, musculoskeletal pain, muscle cramps, scleroderma, scar tissue, stretch marks, hair loss, wrinkles, protection against sun/wind burn, eye inflammation, oral hygiene, periodontal disease, wounds, cuts, and abrasions/accelerated wound healing.
- MSM is also used for relief of allergies, chronic constipation, “sour stomach,” ulcers, a bowel disease called diverticulosis, premenstrual syndrome (PMS), mood elevation, obesity, poor circulation, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol. It is also used for type 2 diabetes, liver problems, Alzheimer’s disease, lung disorders including emphysema and pneumonia, chronic fatigue syndrome, autoimmune disorders (systemic lupus erythematous), HIV infection and AIDS, and cancer (breast cancer and colon cancer).
- Other uses of MSM include eye inflammation, mucous membrane inflammation, temporomandibular joint (TMJ) problems, leg cramps, migraine, headaches, hangover, parasitic infections of the intestinal and urogenital tracts including Trichomonas vaginalis and Giardia, yeast infections, insect bites, radiation poisoning, and to boost the immune system.
- MSM is also used to control snoring. In fact, directions for making MSM nose drops for snoring have been published, but there’s no evidence that MSM has any effect on snoring.
- MSM is POSSIBLY SAFE for most people when taken by mouth for 3 months or less when applied to the skin in combination with other ingredients, such as silymarin or hyaluronic acid, and tea tree oil for up to 20 days. In some people, MSM might cause nausea, diarrhea, bloating, fatigue, headache, insomnia, itching, or worsening of allergy symptoms
We currently have no information for msm (methylsulfonylmethane) Interactions
Crystalline DMSO, Dimethylsulfone, Diméthylsulfone, Dimethyl Sulfone MSM, DMSO2, Methyl Sulfone, Methyl Sulfonyl Methane, Methyl Sulphonyl Methane, Méthyle Sulfonyle Méthane, Méthyle Sulphonyle Méthane, Méthylsulfonylméthane, Metilsulfonilmentano, MSM, Sulfone de Diméthyle MSM, Sulfone de Méthyle, Sulfonyl Sulfur
Source: WebMD, http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-522-msm%20(methylsulfonylmethane).aspx?activeingredientid=522&activeingredientname=msm%20(methylsulfonylmethane)
Soothes irritated skin such as Eczema, Psoriasis, Burns, Dry-Cracked Skin, Bug Bites, Sunburns, etc.The combination of natural and organic ingredients have beneficial properties for skin.
Helps to reduce the look of fine lines and wrinkles. Makes your skin feel softer and smoother. Hypo allergenic and safe. Doesn’t contain harmful chemicals. Good for all skin types, especially sensitive skin. Visit the website at http://deluviausa.com/product-category/deluvia-skin-care/
Click to View what Alicia W., Co-Founder of Delúvia Inc. has to say about how the company started and how its products could help others.