Montmorillonite is a very soft phyllosilicate group of minerals that form when they precipitate from water solution as microscopic crystals, known as clay.
- Montmorillonite is used in the oil drilling industry as a component of drilling mud, making the mud slurry viscous, which helps in keeping the drill bit cool and removing drilled solids.
- It is also used as a soil additive to hold soil water in drought-prone soils, used in the construction of earthen dams and levees, and to prevent the leakage of fluids.
- It is also used for medicine purposes.
- The minerals found in healing clay perform a number of essential functions including:
- Supplying major elements and essential trace elements often lacking from our diets
- Acting as a catalyst to play a primary role in metabolism and cell building
- Regulating the permeability of cell membranes
- Maintaining H20 balance and osmotic pressure between internal/external environments
- Influencing the contractility of muscles
- Regulating the response of each nerve cell to stimuli
- Bad Breath – One teaspoon of healing clay a day keeps the breath mints away!
- Constipation – Although not a laxative, healing clay causes the colon to contract.
- Diarrhea – Healing clay absorbs the gases and toxins that cause this ailment.
- IBS – Balances the internal digestive system by relieving the systems as a whole.
- Nausea and Vomiting – One teaspoon per hour until symptoms subside is an effective treatment, even for morning sickness. Also effective for symptoms associated with E. Coli and Salmonella food poisoning, and is used by many troops in war worldwide.
- Obesity – Healing clay provides a feeling of fullness, while absorbing the toxins that may be slowing down the metabolic processes which cause weight gain.
- Parasites – These worms eat clay, and are ultimately absorbed by the healing clay and eliminated through the body’s waste.
- Poisoning – Effectively counteracts the accidental ingestion of minute amounts of poison. Large doses of poisoning victims should see a doctor immediately!
- Ulcers – Healing clay is an effective neutralizer of acids and reduces symptoms.
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). Some early research suggests that taking a type of clay by mouth for 8 weeks improves pain, discomfort, and bloating in people with IBS who have diarrhea. …
Beidellitic Montmorillonite, Calcium Montmorillonite, Dioctahedral Smectite