An aromatic substance produced by an abdominal gland of the musk deer (moschus moschiferus) forms the homeopathic remedy moschus.
- The homeopathic remedy moschus is generally administered to individuals suffering from frenzied exhilaration as well as people who are said to be hypochondriacs (individuals who are preoccupied with their health).
- Moschus is an effective remedy for dizziness, fainting, exhaustion and vertigo (light-headedness). This homeopathic remedy is also effective for treating neurotic (mentally maladjusted) ailments. People who respond well to the homeopathic remedy moschus are those who talk breathlessly, have a feeling that they are being opposed by all and sundry, and are hurried as well as inept. Usually, such people are unpleasantly cold; however, they may have a warm feeling within and frequently require taking deep breath. Such people experience more tiredness when they are resting compared to when they are moving around. It is interesting to note that such individuals have a strange feeling – one side of their body may feel hot, while the other may have a cold feeling.
- Moschus is also very beneficial for people who have been suffering from asthma and are susceptible to attacks that come along with acute nervous anxiety. In addition, such people may also have a sensation that they may choke. This homeopathic remedy is effective for people who are usually described as being nervous or worried. People who respond well to the homeopathic remedy moschus usually have significant amounts of coughing up phlegm that is stringy when they have an attack. Moschus is also useful in treating tension of the mind, body and skin.In homeopathy, moschus is reputed for its effectiveness in treating fainting or loss of consciousness. Physicians practicing homeopathy may prescribe several other medicines to cure hysterical attacks that are accompanied by fainting. As far as homeopathic medicines are concerned, they have a plenty of options and may prescribe Ignatia, asafoetida, Cocculus or Nux moschata. However, in majority of the cases, administering moschus would be the most appropriate homeopathic medicine. The homeopathic medicine moschus is the most effective remedy for treating paroxysm (sudden outburst of emotions or symptoms). Moschus has also been found to be extremely beneficial for people who may be enduring stimulation of spasms caused by tetanus and experience unconsciousness or regular swooning. In fact, in homeopathy there is no other medicine that is as effective as moschus to treat this particular condition and it is practically an essential remedy for hysteria.
- Contraindicated during pregnancy.
- Contraindicated for those with Yin Deficiency with Heat signs.
- Use with caution for those with hypertension.
- Use with caution for those with allergies.
- Use with caution for those with reduced Kidney function.
- Use with caution for those with cerebral hyperactivity.
- Use with caution for those with cerebral congestion.
Source: American Dragon, http://www.americandragon.com/Individualherbsupdate/SheXiang.html
Image source: http://www.homeopathyandmore.com