Neatsfoot oil is a yellow oil rendered and purified from the shin bones and feet (but not the hooves) of cattle.
- Neatsfoot oil is a well renowned oil product for leather polish. In past times, this oil was also used for treating dry skin. There are many varieties of neatsfoot oil. It is actually a thick oil which comes from the bones of cattle. That is why it is called neatsfoot oil, as neat is an old word for cattle. This name for cattle has gone obsolete, but the name survives in the oil. It is yellowish colored oil, with consistency similar to mink oil.
- Emollient – it moisturizes the skin and keeps it protected from dryness.
- Insulator – Neatsfoot oil is a wonderful insulator. One can apply it on hands, feet and any other skin region that is exposed to intense heat or cold. It protects the skin from adverse temperatures.
- These are therapeutic properties of neatsfoot oil which is obtained from cattle bones and feet. It is one of the best leather conditioners out there, but it can also be applied topically on skin.
- Unknown, please consult a specialist.
- Not known.
- “Prime neatsfoot oil” or “neatsfoot oil compound”
Source: Healthoilbenefits, http://oilhealthbenefits.com/neatsfoot-oil/