Oleum Morrhuae is a cod liver oil.
- Homeopathic use
- Internally, a nutrient and a hepatic and pancreatic remedy.
- The great value of Oleum Morrhuae oil is as a nutrientin states of poor nutrition and poor resistance, hence its usein tuberculosis, chronic bronchitis, and chronic susceptibilityto colds.
- It contains faint traces of iodine and bromine and sometimes of phosphorus. It also contains a vitamine, for when given with polished rice it prevents beri-beri and when substituted in equal caloric value for lard in a standard diet for rats it induced growth which had failed from the lard.
- It has been shown experimentally that emulsified oils are more readily absorbable than the unemulsified, especially by persons of poor nutrition, and it is noted clinically that the emulsion is easier to take and is better borne by the stomachthan the pure oil.
- Oleum Morrhuae oil is used for high cholesterol, high triglycerides, kidney disease in people with diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, osteoarthritis, depression, an autoimmune disease called systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), glaucoma, and middle ear infections (otitis media)
- It should be given after meals as an addition to the regular food, or two or three hours after meals, to permit of ready digestion in the duodenum. It should not be given just before meals.
- Medications for high blood pressure (Antihypertensive drugs) interacts with Oleum Morrhuae oil
Cod liver oil seems to decrease blood pressure. Taking cod liver oil along with medications for high blood pressure might cause your blood pressure to go too low.Some medications for high blood pressure include captopril (Capoten), enalapril (Vasotec), losartan (Cozaar), valsartan (Diovan), diltiazem (Cardizem), Amlodipine (Norvasc), hydrochlorothiazide (HydroDiuril), furosemide (Lasix), and many others.
- Medications that slow blood clotting (Anticoagulant / Antiplatelet drugs) interacts with Oleum Morrhuae oil
Cod liver oil might slow blood clotting. Taking cod liver oil along with medications that also slow clotting might increase the chances of bruising and bleeding.Some medications that slow blood clotting include aspirin, clopidogrel (Plavix), diclofenac (Voltaren, Cataflam, others), ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin, others), naproxen (Anaprox, Naprosyn, others), dalteparin (Fragmin), enoxaparin (Lovenox), heparin, warfarin (Coumadin), and others.
Cod liver oil, Aceite de Higado de Bacalao, Acides Gras Oméga 3, Acides Gras N-3, Acides Gras Polyinsaturés, Cod Oil, Fish Liver Oil, Fish Oil, Halibut Liver Oil, Huile de Foie, Huile de Foie de Flétan, Huile de Foie de Morue, Huile de Foie de Poisson, Huile de Morue, Huile de Poisson, Liver Oil, N-3 Fatty Acids, Omega 3, Oméga 3, Omega 3 Fatty Acids, Omega-3, Omega-3 Fatty Acids, Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids.