Palmitoyl oligopeptide is one of many peptides which have recently been discovered to have a positive effect on skin health.
- Used in a number of cosmetics and anti-aging creams.
- Palmitoyl oligopeptides act as building blocks between amino acids.
- They are also known to assist in the process of skin repair and renewal.
- Palmitoyl works because of its ability to bind to human skin. By forming a strong bond palmitoyl has been shown to increase collagen, glucosaminoglycan and elastin production. Early studies on the effectiveness of palmitoyl are extremely promising, but more research is being done in order to determine whether palmitoyl is really better than other ingredients as a collagen precursor.
- Palmitoyl is a relatively new peptide and is being touted as the new best ingredient compared to retinol, but without the side effects. Of course, because it is a relatively new ingredient in skin care products there is still research being done to determine its overall pros and cons and the extent of side effects. However, palmitoyl has yet to cause any side effects in studies done to this point. Therefore, this is a very promising ingredient to help fight the effects of aging skin; and it can be found in the Vivite product line.
Source: Seaside Skincare, http://seasideskincare.com/palmitoyl-oligopeptide.html