Pea Starch is a rich source of amylose (35 %) and this unique feature gives it good thickening and gelling properties which are better than other commonly used starches. Furthermore the properties of native pea starch shows e.g. higher temperature, acid as well as better shear stability.
- Pea starch can be used as binding and thickening agent with good gelling, good texture regulating as well as good expansion regulating properties in many food products, e.g.:
• pasta and noodles
• bakery products
• potato products
• soups & sauces
• meat, poultry, fish & seafood
Pea starch may have the following benefits for athletes:
- Improved endurance
- Reduced bloating
- No sugar high or sugar crash
- Short term and long lasting energy
- No side effects are known
- Not known.
Source: X1fuel, http://x1fuel.com/ingredient/pea-starch/?tkbl_expand=true