Pearl Barley or pearled barley, is barley that has been processed to remove its hull and bran.
- Pearl barley is similar to wheat in its caloric, protein, vitamin and mineral content, though some varieties are higher in lysine. It is used mainly in soups, stews, and potages. It is the primary ingredient of the Italian dish orzotto.
- High Source of Fiber. One of barley’s most noteworthy health benefits is its high fiber content
- Can Help Improve Digestion
- Helps with Weight Loss
- Helps Control Blood Sugar Levels
- Helps Lower High Cholesterol
- Prevents Heart Disease
- Provides Antioxidants
- High in Vitamins and Minerals
- No side effects are known.
- No information is available.
Source: DrAxe, https://draxe.com/barley-nutrition/