- The herb periwinkle is typically used for medicinal and cosmetic purposes.
- As medicine, periwinkle is said to support brain health and to treat diarrhea, vaginal discharge, throat ailments, chest pain, high blood pressure, wound healing, and blood-purification.
- In cosmetics, periwinkle can help reduce inflammation and act as an astringent.
- For consumption, periwinkle is said to be unsafe as it may cause nausea, vomiting, nerve damage, liver and kidney damage, and very low blood pressure.
- Periwinkle interacts with high blood pressure medications and may cause blood pressure to drop to dangerously low levels.
Common Periwinkle, Earlyflowering, Evergreen, Herbe à la Capucine, Herbe de Fidélité, Lesser Periwinkle, Myrtle, Petite Pervenche, Pervenche Mineure, Small Periwinkle, Vinca minor, Vincae Minoris Herba, Vincapervinca, Violette des Morts, Violette de Serpent, Violette de Sorcier, Wintergreen