Perna Canaliculus (Green-Lipped Mussel)
The New Zealand green-lipped mussel (Perna canaliculus), also known as the New Zealand mussel, the greenshell mussel, kuku, and kutai, is a bivalve mollusc in the family Mytilidae (the true mussels). P. canaliculus has economic importance as a cultivated species in New Zealand.
- New Zealand green-lipped mussel is used for rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, and asthma.
- Anti-inflammatory Pain Relief: As the body metabolizes the natural omega-3s found in green lipped mussel oil, they go to work on restoring and soothing inflamed joints, muscles and tissues. This can cause a great deal of pain relief for people suffering from rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, fibromyalgia, lupus and other illnesses which cause severe joint pain. It is also of great benefit to people who suffer from asthma, chronic bronchitis or respiratory issues, as it helps lung tissue to regain strength and restore normal breathing ability.
- Active Ingredients: The oil extracted from green lipped mussels is rich in Omega 3s, an extremely powerful health supplement. The nutrients of these mussels can also be extracted in a powder form which is equally as effective at treating inflammatory illnesses and joint pain, with many other accompanying health benefits.
- New Zealand green-lipped mussel is POSSIBLY SAFE for most people when taken by mouth. It can cause some side effects such as diarrhea, nausea, and intestinal gas. In rare cases, it might cause liver problems.
- Special Precautions & Warnings:
- Pregnancy and breast-feeding: New Zealand green-lipped mussel is POSSIBLY UNSAFE to take by mouth during pregnancy. There is some evidence that it might slow the development of the unborn child and might also delay birth.
- There is not enough reliable information about the safety of taking New Zealand green-lipped mussel if you are breast-feeding. Stay on the safe side and avoid use.
Unknown, please consult with your doctor.
Extrait de Moule, GLM, Green Lipped Mussel, Green Shell Mussel, Mejillón Verde de Nueva Zealandia, Moule à Coquille Verte, Moule à Coquille Verte de Nouvelle-Zélande, Moule aux Lèvres Verte de Nouvelle-Zélande, Moule Vert-Labiée de Nouvelle-Zélande, Moule Verte de Nouvelle-Zélande, Mussel Extract, New Zealand Green Lipped Sea Mussel, New Zealand Green Mollusk, NZGLM, Perna canaliculus, Sea Mussel, Seatone
Source: HerbWisdom, http://www.herbwisdom.com/herb-green-lipped-mussels.html
Image source: http://www.mollusca.co.nz