- noun: an oily, thick, flammable, usually dark-colored liquid that is a form of bitumen or a mixture of various hydrocarbons, occurring naturally in various parts of the world and commonly obtained by drilling: used in a natural or refined state as fuel, or separated by distillation into gasoline, naphtha, benzene, kerosene, paraffin, etc.
- Adapted to persons with light hair and skin; irritable, quarrelsome disposition ( Nux ); easily offended at trifles ( Ign. , Med. ); vexed at everything.
- Ailments: from riding in a carriage, railroad car, or in a ship ( Coc. , Sanic. ).
- Ailments which are worse before and during a thunderstorm ( Nat. c. , Phos. , Psor. ).
- Symptoms appear and disappear rapidly ( Bell. , Mag. p. – reverse of Plat. , Stan. ).
- During sleep or delirium: imagines that one leg is double; that another person lies alongside of him in same bed; that there are two babies in the bed ( Val. ).
- Vertigo on rising ( Bry. ); in occiput; as if intoxicated; like seasickness ( Coc. ).
- Headache: in occiput, which is as heavy as lead; pressing, pulsating pain; as if everything in the head were alive; numb, bruised, as if made of wood.
- Gastralgia: of pregnancy; with pressing, drawing pains; whenever stomach is empty; relieved by constant eating ( Anac. , Chel. , Sep. ).
- Diarrhoea: yellow, watery, gushing; after cabbage, sour krout; during pregnancy, stormy weather; always in the daytime.
- Painful sensitiveness of skin of whole body; all clothing is painful; slight injury suppurates ( Hep. ).
- Skin of hands rough, cracked, tips of fingers rough, cracked, fissured, every winter; tenderness of the feet, which are bathed in foul-smelling sweat ( Graph. , Sanic. , Sil. ).
- Herpes: of genital organs extending to perineum and thighs; itching, redness; skin cracked, rough, bleeding; dry or moist.
- Heat and burning of soles of feet and palms of hands ( Sang. , Sulph. ).
- Sweat and moisture of external genitals, both sexes.
- Painful, itching chilblains and chapped hands < in cold weather; decubitus.
- Sensation of coldness about the heart ( Carbo an. , [Kali m.], Nat. m. ).
- Relations. – One of our best antidotes for lead poisoning.
- The skin symptoms are worse in winter, better in summer ( Alum. ); if suppressed, causes diarrhoea.
- Aggravation. – Carriage riding ( Coc. , Sanic. ); during a thunderstorm; in winter ( Alum. ).
- This is a homeopathic remedy. Please consult your doctor before administering homeopathic remedies and proceed with caution.