- To make juices, smoothies, desserts
- To compliment any food
- Pineapple Powder contains the fruit enzyme ‘bromelain‘ which is effective in exfoliating dead cells on the surface of the skin and also hydrolyze proteins. In cosmetics it can act as a skin conditioning and lytic agent.
- Pineapple Powder is also a wonderful source of natural color and adds a sharp, crisp citrus like scent that adds to its cleansing and invigorating properties.
- Rheumatoid arthritis: Pineapple enzymes have been used with success to treat rheumatoid arthritis and to speed tissue repair as a result of injuries, diabetic ulcers and general surgery. Pineapple reduces blood clotting and helps remove plaque from arterial walls. Studies suggest that pineapple enzymes may improve circulation in those with narrowed arteries, such as angina sufferers.
- Bronquitis: Pineapples are used to help cure bronquitis and throat infections. It is efficient in the treatment of arterioscleroses and anaemia.
- Loss of memory: Pineapple is an excellent cerebral toner; it combats loss of memory, sadness and melancholy.
- Pineapple Strengthens Bones: Pineapple helps to build healthy bones. Pineapples are rich in manganese and just one cup of pineapple provides 73% of the daily recommended amount of manganese. This aids the growth of bones in young people and the strengthening of bones in older people.
- Pineapple is good for your gums: Due to its high vitamin C content, pineapples are good for your oral health as well. Vitamin C can reduce your risk of gingivitis and periodontal disease. Vitamin C also increases the body’s ability to fight invading bacteria and other toxins that contribute to gum disease.
- Heart conditions: Pineapple has been thought good for heart conditions and indeed should not be used by people with haemophilia or by those with diseases of the kidneys and liver. This is because it seems to reduce the time taken to coagulate the blood – which is why it can be useful for heart patients.
- Painful periods women: Pineapple could be useful for women suffering from painful periods. Choose ripe fruits of good colour for pineapples do not become sweeter on storage if they are picked green. This is because the starch in the stem is taken up into the fruit and converted to sugar only at the final stage of ripening.
- Eye health: Pineapple has been shown to be important in maintaining good eye health and helping to protect against age-related eye problems. There are even some beneficial molecules hidden in the stems of pineapples. These molecules have been seen to act as a defense against certain types of cancer.
- There are many uses and benefits from taking pineapple powder, but several side effects as well. It is always best to talk to your doctor before taking a supplement like pineapple powder to make sure it is appropriate for your health and wellness program. The FDA does not regulate pineapple powder supplements
- Please consult with your doctor!
Source: Exercise.com, http://www.exercise.com/supplements/pineapple-powder
Freshly dried, http://www.freshlydried.com/pineapple-dried-fruit-pouch