Pinus palustris (pine) tar oil is a volatile oil from steam distillation of Pinus Palustris Tar.
- In aromatherapy, pine oil is indicated and used for cuts, lice, excessive perspiration, scabies, sores on the skin, arthritis, gout, muscular aches and pains, asthma, bronchitis, common colds and flu, and stress-related conditions such as neuralgia.
- Pine oil has antimicrobial, antiseptic, antifungal, anti-neuralgic, and anti-rheumatic properties. It also works as a good decongestant and expectorant for respiratory ailments. In addition, pine oil is praised for its ability to naturally help:
- Ease muscular stiffness and rheumatism as a rubefacient
- Relax the body when added in bath
- Stimulate healthy metabolism
- Boost activity levels
- Eliminate excess water, uric acid, salt, and fat through urination
- Neutralize free radicals with its rich antioxidant capacity
- Relieve urinary tract infection (UTI)
OILS, PINE TAR; PINE (PINUS PALUSTRIS) TAR OIL; PINE TAR OIL; PINE TAR OILS; TAR OIL RECTIFIED
Source: Mercola.com, http://articles.mercola.com/herbal-oils/pine-oil.aspx